CPA vs. Accountant
CPAs are distinguished from accountants by stringent state and professional licensing requirements that include education, rigorous examination and work experience.
In general terms, accountants are professionals who maintain and analyze financial records and make sure taxes are properly paid. Accountants have a thorough knowledge of cash flow, owner’s equity, balance sheets, charts of accounts, etc., and their effects on a business.
Advice You Can Trust
- Assurance and attestation
- Corporate finance and governance
- Estate planning
- Financial accounting, analysis and planning
- Accounting, tax consultation, planning and preparation
- Management consulting and more